Friday 29 October 2010

Mission 3 - Apps

For Mobiler Mission 3, the task was to download, use and review an app on my Samsung Wave. Looking through the Samsung app store on the Wave, the vast majority available for download are games. There are quite a limited number of apps, but I expect that this will change dramatically as the popularity of Bada increases and more developers are attracted to the platform.

I've never really downloaded apps onto any handset before so I downloaded a few in order to try them out, including my first ever e-book, which I thoroughly enjoyed. The one appI really liked, and have chosen to tell you about, is YogaLite.

I tend to be quite a lazy person, and one who once paid several hundred pounds for gym membership only to go a grand total of four times that year! I've always wanted to try yoga, and took a few classes while I was in Thailand this summer, however, I would have like to continue but without the hassle of attending weekly classes. Cue the YogaLite application. This app starts off  with a brief introduction to Yoga - what it is, the benefits, and when best to practice. It then begins by telling you about breathing exercises, then moves on to the various yoga poses. For each exercise, there is an image and a brief description of how to perform the pose. There is also a link provided to YouTube to video help and demonstrations if you get stuck. Beneath the directions for each pose, this app listed the benefits of the particular pose, as well as recommendations for those who should not practice it for health reasons. There are two sections - Yoga for beginners, and the Sun Salutation, which is a series of 12 poses. I started with the beginners section!

I found the app very useful as it told you exactly what to do and how to do it. I love how everything was laid out so simply, and if I got stuck I could just look at my Samsung Wave and reread the section about the pose, or open YouTube for video demos to make sure I was doing everything properly. It's really helped be to stop being so lazy and actually do some form of physical exercise, without the need to leave my bedroom! Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment